Skip to toolbar

1/56 or 1/48 M4 Sherman vehicle tools

Home › Forums › Historical Tabletop Game Discussions › 1/56 or 1/48 M4 Sherman vehicle tools

Supported by (Turn Off)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1986598
    a27cromwell
    3237xp
    Cult of Games Member

    Does anyone know of a company that makes 1/56 or 1/48 scale US tank tools in pewter , plastic  or 3d printed ? I’m looking to add detail to my 10 Warlord M4A4 Shermans as  they have no tools  molded onto the model  .  I need tools that look like these , thanks

    Tamiya - 9223112

    #1986647
    phaidknott
    7261xp
    Cult of Games Member

    Wow, just had a look at the Warlord Shermans you are talking about. Unless you are pre-warned and actually “spin” the tank in the webstore images to show the rear deck you would never know. Kind of shocking, especially as these are done in partnership with Italeri I believe. Looks like the Firefly model share the same hull and has the “bare essentials” issue as well (I wonder if the omission was due to the same hull being used for British and US tank forces (although I don’t think the British supplied specific tools for the Sherman).

     

    All I can think off is perhaps Photo Etched offerings (as these would probably be purchasable as “tools only” rather than part of a kit), but that would cost a bomb for 10 models. Next up would be to try the 3D printed route OR using Stowage to try and cover up those missing tools?

    #1986649
    a27cromwell
    3237xp
    Cult of Games Member

    The Firefly has full stowage , although the molded on tow cable is too short , the 75mm gun tank just has sledge hammer & track wrench on rear engine deck panel , You need shovel , axe , pick head & handle and a pry bar . There should also be gun cleaning rods but they are easy to scratch up ( FF has them ) . I have covered up a few empty spaces with stowage or a camo net , the pick handle & pry bar  are located forward of the right side fuel cap  where stowage wouldn’t be , are easy enough to make , although I’m probably going to have to make 30 or 40 to get 10 that match .  Some how making 1 kit bashed tool or weapon from bits in the parts box always seems to work out fine , it’s when you try to make more of the same it goes to hell .

    I have a line on contacting Tamiya to see if I can get copies of their US tool sprue ,hopefully at a decent price . And I  know I’ve seen a US style tool set ( I think in pewter ) on some wargaming figure  web site ,  I’ll just keep looking and hope I can find something that works , as well as start making some parts myself

    The Warlord plastic M4 is lacking the track wrench , sledge hammer and engine crank which should be on the rear tail plate . There should also be a hole/slot for the crank to turn over the radial engine .

    • This reply was modified 2 days, 2 hours ago by a27cromwell.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)