Home › Forums › News, Rumours & General Discussion › [unofficial weekender] Last one for 2022!
Tagged: unofficial weekender
or are we talking actual “painting, painting” here?
Yes, painting painting @blinky465
Many of you have done it already so I’m hopeful that you will understand my anxiety in putting myself on tape even when I still doubt if it’s any good.
Oh hell yes. When I did the first uHH I was nervous as hell. But who says you need to put yourself to tape? You could either go “voice over” and never appear on camera once or use text overlays. Many youtubers do that. @templar007 also if you posts videos “unlisted” only people you give the link to can watch the video. So you are in control on who can see your works.
And if anyone else fancies a video round-up of what they’ve been up to, it’d make a nice little archive, just between us!
A semi secret video club! 8)
Recently bought my first airbrush and beginning to experiment. I like the effect on larger models, but for small minis it seems tricky to use for doing anything more than priming.
What kind of airbrush do you have? Single or dual action? I found dual action works better for “details” as you can control the amount of paint and airflow.
Now if you lot will excuse me… laundry 2023 needs to be done *sigh*
@sundancer it’s a dual action. No airtank as I was trying to keep to a budget.
@pagan8th – how are you getting on with your airbrush? I got a cheap one a while back, just for painting a zenith-type white over a black primer, but when it’s not spluttering and spitting all over the place, it just dumps white ink everywhere and makes the model all shiny and grey-looking! I’d love to make friends with my airbrush – still rattle-can priming at the minute but while the zenith effect is ok, it does look a bit speckly. Any tips/advice for a total noob?
@blinky465 Cleanliness is key between uses. I run a Badger Patriot 105 and it’s pretty solid. Priming and sealing have been the main uses but I got the camo pattern on John’s mechs with it (dots not included).
The issue of thinning is the most difficult in airbrush paints. Once you get that down you can zero in on how much pressure you push through and get your muscle memory for finer work.
Just a quick YouTube search and I think there are some good videos on the list.
https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=airbrushing+miniatures
What model are you running Blinky?
@blink465 if I had advice I’d share, but I only had it a week.
No spatter problems with my Timbertech.
Not tried thinning paints yet, I bought a starter set of Army Painter to get me going.
There are some cheap air paints on Amazon that I considered, but wary of the quality.
Has anyone tried these?
New thread!
Yes two days late but I was away the last two days, so deal with it 😉
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Supported by (Turn Off)
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
2
Head To The Mediterranean With Warbases New Terrain!
6
Sneak About With Star Wars: Legion’s Guerilla Troopers & More [UPDATED]
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
3
Adeptus Custodes Pre-Orders Hit This Week For Warhammer 40,000
2
Armoured Clash Two-Player Set Incoming! Scouring Of Singapore
6
House Orlock Rev Their Engines For New Edition Of Necromunda
14
Dead Earth Miniatures’ Imperial Army Conquers Sci-Fi Worlds
5
The Chittering & Barking Mad Join TTCombat’s Carnevale
10
Adventure In Five Parsecs From Home With New Modiphius Miniatures
4
Tine Fieldling’s Folkloric TTRPG, The Hazelands, Hits Kickstarter!
0
Make Miniatures Weird With Wargames Atlantic’s Monstrous Mutations
0
Black Scorpion’s New Snarling Fantasy Norse Are Looking Amazing!
1
Build Quick WW2 Battlefields With Bandua’s European Village
13
A Billion Suns: Second Edition Coming December 2026
2
Tabletop Titan’s Stone Age Fantasy Game Wyldwood Hits Kickstarter
2
Monkey About As A Sailsman With Freebooter’s Cursed Pirates
1
Antediluvian Build On Medieval Wars Of The Bruces 28mm Collection
8
New Seraphon & More For Warhammer Age Of Sigmar Fans
5
North Star’s New Warriors Of Athena Plastic Heroes Sprues Spotted
5
Khazalite Holds! Dwarfs Return Proper To Warhammer Age Of Sigmar
0
UNSC Marines Battle Banished Reinforcements In Halo: Flashpoint
2
New Plastic Mordor Orcs Previewed For Middle-earth SBG
5
Unleash The Mapcap Into Blood Bowl With New Night Goblins
1
Astartes II Gets New Teaser Trailer & December Release Date
1
Monstrous Ikons & Fallen Angel Pre-Orders For Para Bellum’s Conquest
22
Games Workshop’s New Paint Range; Warhammer Tone Pro
8
New Plastics! Warhammer: The Old World’s Tomb Kings March Again
0
Aquilon Terminators Reinforce The Custodes Of Warhammer 40,000
8
Roleplay In The Underhive With New Necromunda Game
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Copyright © 2026 Beasts of War Ltd.
All trademarks and images are copyright of their respective owners.
We use cookies to improve your experience on our site. By using our site, you consent to cookies.
Manage your cookie preferences below:
Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the proper function of the website.
These cookies are needed for adding comments on this website.
These cookies are used for managing login functionality on this website.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us understand how visitors use our website.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that tracks and analyzes website traffic for informed marketing decisions.
Service URL: policies.google.com (opens in a new window)