- This topic has 33 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by
Wolfie65.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Home › Forums › 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming › 3D printing and the enviroment #teamseas
I’m going to be real honest and say I don’t really give it much thought anymore.
I try to do what I can but beyond that I’m going to live my life and get the things I like
I don’t really give mini material much thought, while I prefer metal I happily use whatever medium the mini I want is available in. I’ve had equally as badly cast and breakable metals as I have in resin, depends on the quality of the material used and the sculpt.
I am conscious of the amount of waste our hobby generates though. In the scheme of global usage of plastic our hobby is miniscule, that said it does annoy me that large companies (no names mentioned GWulla) don’t operate sprue recycling schemes given that the material can be reused to to a certain percentage of the blend for production.
I wandered into a GW store last week and they are now accepting old plastic sprues. The guy said they’d teamed up with a company that turns them into benches.
I didn’t ask if they’d accept non-GW sprues, but it didn’t look like they’d closely inspect each one.
All my kitchen scraps go into the ground as fertilizer. I used to give my pet waste -litter, poop, etc. – to a friend for her yard. My grey water gets used three times, first to wash dishes, then clothes, then to water outside. Plastic shopping bags are re-used at least once as trash bags. Hobby waste such as sprues are saved to be incorporated into bases as debris or terrain as girders, rivets, et.al. I generally don’t throw anything away unless it is absolutely, positively irreperable trash. To type this at 4.30 am, I am wearing a multiply broken headlight held together by a rubber band the post office kindly donated when they used it to hold a few letters together in my mailbox. Many of my clothes are 20, 30 or more years old, some of the ones I wear at home resemble those worn by Orcs or Ogres in fantasy games. My main form of transport is a bicycle, standard, not electric.
Just a few suggestions.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Supported by (Turn Off)
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
1
Head To The Mediterranean With Warbases New Terrain!
6
Sneak About With Star Wars: Legion’s Guerilla Troopers & More [UPDATED]
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
2
Adeptus Custodes Pre-Orders Hit This Week For Warhammer 40,000
2
Armoured Clash Two-Player Set Incoming! Scouring Of Singapore
5
House Orlock Rev Their Engines For New Edition Of Necromunda
14
Dead Earth Miniatures’ Imperial Army Conquers Sci-Fi Worlds
5
The Chittering & Barking Mad Join TTCombat’s Carnevale
8
Adventure In Five Parsecs From Home With New Modiphius Miniatures
4
Tine Fieldling’s Folkloric TTRPG, The Hazelands, Hits Kickstarter!
0
Make Miniatures Weird With Wargames Atlantic’s Monstrous Mutations
0
Black Scorpion’s New Snarling Fantasy Norse Are Looking Amazing!
1
Build Quick WW2 Battlefields With Bandua’s European Village
13
A Billion Suns: Second Edition Coming December 2026
2
Tabletop Titan’s Stone Age Fantasy Game Wyldwood Hits Kickstarter
2
Monkey About As A Sailsman With Freebooter’s Cursed Pirates
1
Antediluvian Build On Medieval Wars Of The Bruces 28mm Collection
8
New Seraphon & More For Warhammer Age Of Sigmar Fans
5
North Star’s New Warriors Of Athena Plastic Heroes Sprues Spotted
5
Khazalite Holds! Dwarfs Return Proper To Warhammer Age Of Sigmar
0
UNSC Marines Battle Banished Reinforcements In Halo: Flashpoint
2
New Plastic Mordor Orcs Previewed For Middle-earth SBG
5
Unleash The Mapcap Into Blood Bowl With New Night Goblins
1
Astartes II Gets New Teaser Trailer & December Release Date
1
Monstrous Ikons & Fallen Angel Pre-Orders For Para Bellum’s Conquest
22
Games Workshop’s New Paint Range; Warhammer Tone Pro
8
New Plastics! Warhammer: The Old World’s Tomb Kings March Again
0
Aquilon Terminators Reinforce The Custodes Of Warhammer 40,000
7
Roleplay In The Underhive With New Necromunda Game
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Copyright © 2026 Beasts of War Ltd.
All trademarks and images are copyright of their respective owners.
We use cookies to improve your experience on our site. By using our site, you consent to cookies.
Manage your cookie preferences below:
Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the proper function of the website.
These cookies are needed for adding comments on this website.
These cookies are used for managing login functionality on this website.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us understand how visitors use our website.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that tracks and analyzes website traffic for informed marketing decisions.
Service URL: policies.google.com (opens in a new window)