- This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 4 months ago by
mage.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Home › Forums › Painting in Tabletop Gaming › 40K Knights of Blood revamp
Hey guys,
I play a Blood Angels successor Chapter: the knights of blood. I painted them a few years ago and played in a few tournaments.
my skills have developed painting wise since then and I have come back to them, mainly due to my reinvigorated interest in Warhammer 40, 000.
Here are some new additions to my army
The Chaplain kit leaves me with mixed feelings.
It is cool and dynamic but mono posed. It’s on a rock and has odd places where the kit meets the frames contact points
I’m saving the skull as I’m going to convert this guy into a lieutenant. I’ve grazed the stone to help making glueing it to the base easier.
I wonder about the knee being where the piece of the leg connects to the frame but that’s just me. My modelling talents aren’t huuuugr
I’ve glued a coin to stop him from falling over to the bottom of his base
which need to use guys?
As you you can see he is a badass sculpt: full of detail with a cool pose. Emperor help you if you want two in an army as it Doesent give much modularity
Converted with power sword from the sanguinary guard, to use as an archangel shard (the only Relic of Baal I can access in a Battle Forged army as a Blood Angels Successor) and storm shield.
I deliberately chose a daemon looking shield from the chaos knights kit for age of Sigmar
The whole leaping with wings vibe is very cool, I look forward to seeing the finished article.
Looking great @mage, who doesn’t love Vampiric Space marines 🙂
As it an older army do you have or are you planning to add any primaris?
Thanks @davehawes haven’t had a choice to do anything other than finish assembling him and spraying it Chaos Black.
@teddymademedoit Twilight fans, I’d imagine! Thanks for the compliment, I love these guys. I am not planning to add any Primaris as they were technically wiped out before the Primaris appeared. Not in my 40k though, they are still around and kicking. Primaris aren’t something Ill add for the time being.
Ive assembled and primed a Flyer and a Techmarine too. Some Scouts to do as well.
At some point I need to acquire some Servitors and more Scouts to build the 1,500 point list I need for this edition. I like command points and stratagems, and my army, as it stands, has about 3,000 points but was bulit around a previous edition and needs to evolve and change.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Supported by (Turn Off)
3
Play A Love Letter To Classic Mordheim With Black Death City
2
Medbury Miniatures Surprise With Fantasy Barbarians For October
4
Kromlech Kick Off Orktober With DUNE-Inspired Vehicles & More
1
Unleash More Alien Invaders On Your 28mm Sci-Fi Battlefields
2
Reinforce Your 10mm Robot Legions In Hydra’s Atomic Tank
4
New Heroes Drop Into Warlord Games’ Weird Konflikt ’47
0
New Darkoath Warqueen Warhammer Day Miniature Previewed
2
Burn Down More Victrix Dark Age Huts In Games Of Pillage
3
Warp Miniatures & Malev Da Shinobi Collab On Greathelm Knights!
7
Secure The Stars & Seas With Crooked Dice’s New Pulp Miniatures
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
5
New Warhammer Tone Pro Paints Coming Next Week
2
Head To The Mediterranean With Warbases New Terrain!
6
Sneak About With Star Wars: Legion’s Guerilla Troopers & More [UPDATED]
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
2
Armoured Clash Two-Player Set Incoming! Scouring Of Singapore
3
Adeptus Custodes Pre-Orders Hit This Week For Warhammer 40,000
6
House Orlock Rev Their Engines For New Edition Of Necromunda
14
Dead Earth Miniatures’ Imperial Army Conquers Sci-Fi Worlds
5
The Chittering & Barking Mad Join TTCombat’s Carnevale
4
Tine Fieldling’s Folkloric TTRPG, The Hazelands, Hits Kickstarter!
10
Adventure In Five Parsecs From Home With New Modiphius Miniatures
0
Make Miniatures Weird With Wargames Atlantic’s Monstrous Mutations
0
Black Scorpion’s New Snarling Fantasy Norse Are Looking Amazing!
1
Build Quick WW2 Battlefields With Bandua’s European Village
2
Tabletop Titan’s Stone Age Fantasy Game Wyldwood Hits Kickstarter
13
A Billion Suns: Second Edition Coming December 2026
2
Monkey About As A Sailsman With Freebooter’s Cursed Pirates
1
Antediluvian Build On Medieval Wars Of The Bruces 28mm Collection
8
New Seraphon & More For Warhammer Age Of Sigmar Fans
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Copyright © 2026 Beasts of War Ltd.
All trademarks and images are copyright of their respective owners.
We use cookies to improve your experience on our site. By using our site, you consent to cookies.
Manage your cookie preferences below:
Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the proper function of the website.
These cookies are needed for adding comments on this website.
These cookies are used for managing login functionality on this website.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us understand how visitors use our website.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that tracks and analyzes website traffic for informed marketing decisions.
Service URL: policies.google.com (opens in a new window)