- This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 4 months ago by
basilbrush.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Home › Forums › 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming › Prusa i3 mk3 – janus1004 first 3D printer – setup and impressions
Hi,
I took the plunge late March and got myself a preassembled Prusa i3 mk3. As there was a backlog of orders I received my package mid May or so. Having no prior experience wit 3D-printing and the “electronics hobby” I hope for a easy to use printer which would not have me going into the nitty-gritty of the machine but making it possible for me to focus on the actual prints. On this the Prusa defenitely delivered, simple unpack and calibrating one axis and I was off printing. Much, much better than I had feared….

After printing the recommended Prusa logo I went onto printing the classic boaty;



This was the result without making any changes to the printer at all and printing at 0.2mm. Good and acceptable result for my purposes. Since then the printer has been on for 300-400h and no glitches whatsoever so far. I have tested the automatic system for putting a print on hold when the filament runs out and that also worked perfect. The print resumed where it had stopped without loosing quality, excellent!
Overall, I can recommend the Prusa as an excellent choice for users wanting to focus on the printed object rather than the printer itself and does not mind paying the small premium the printer costs (about 1000€).
Another example of a print using a file from Printable Scenery;

Very cool – I love the building, kind of stuff I would be printing 🙂
Glad to hear that you are having good experiences already, I am certainly considering investing in a printer in the future, it’s a hobby in itself.
my CR10S is been delivered today… I can’t wait. I have been looking at printable scenery website myself. are you using Cura software?
I am using the custom slicer provided by Prusa (which I think is based of some other common slicer) called “Prusa Slic3r 3D”.
Love Prusa I had ordered mk2 but cancelled it when I learned there was the mk3 coming out. Still waiting. I have two other 3d printers and love them. Printable Scenery is amazing printed this water Mill. 
honestly i would have stuck with the mk2. the mk3 has lots of bugs that still need ironing out
My mk2 is a workhorse. The mk3 is still in its box
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Supported by (Turn Off)
1
BIG Halo: Campaign Evolved News & The Covenant Are Coming!
1
Delve Into The Discworld RPG With Modiphius’ Starter Set
1
Fight For The Falklands With Battlefront’s New Team Yankee Sets
0
Warcrow’s Best Faction? Red Caps For Corvus Belli’s Fantasy Wargame
7
Even More Characters Join The Silver Bayonet’s Venetian Adventure
1
Build Marius’ Roman Mules With Graal Miniatures On Kickstarter
2
Medbury Miniatures Surprise With Fantasy Barbarians For October
4
Kromlech Kick Off Orktober With DUNE-Inspired Vehicles & More
1
Unleash More Alien Invaders On Your 28mm Sci-Fi Battlefields
3
Reinforce Your 10mm Robot Legions In Hydra’s Atomic Tank
3
Play A Love Letter To Classic Mordheim With Black Death City
0
New Darkoath Warqueen Warhammer Day Miniature Previewed
2
Burn Down More Victrix Dark Age Huts In Games Of Pillage
3
Warp Miniatures & Malev Da Shinobi Collab On Greathelm Knights!
8
Secure The Stars & Seas With Crooked Dice’s New Pulp Miniatures
4
New Heroes Drop Into Warlord Games’ Weird Konflikt ’47
6
New Warhammer Tone Pro Paints Coming Next Week
2
Head To The Mediterranean With Warbases New Terrain!
6
Sneak About With Star Wars: Legion’s Guerilla Troopers & More [UPDATED]
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
0
Pre-Order The New 15mm British For World War III: Team Yankee
3
Adeptus Custodes Pre-Orders Hit This Week For Warhammer 40,000
6
House Orlock Rev Their Engines For New Edition Of Necromunda
15
Dead Earth Miniatures’ Imperial Army Conquers Sci-Fi Worlds
5
The Chittering & Barking Mad Join TTCombat’s Carnevale
2
Armoured Clash Two-Player Set Incoming! Scouring Of Singapore
10
Adventure In Five Parsecs From Home With New Modiphius Miniatures
0
Make Miniatures Weird With Wargames Atlantic’s Monstrous Mutations
0
Black Scorpion’s New Snarling Fantasy Norse Are Looking Amazing!
1
Build Quick WW2 Battlefields With Bandua’s European Village
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
News, Rumours & General Discussion
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
News, Rumours & General Discussion
Historical Tabletop Game Discussions
Painting in Tabletop Gaming
Copyright © 2026 Beasts of War Ltd.
All trademarks and images are copyright of their respective owners.
We use cookies to improve your experience on our site. By using our site, you consent to cookies.
Manage your cookie preferences below:
Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the proper function of the website.
These cookies are needed for adding comments on this website.
These cookies are used for managing login functionality on this website.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us understand how visitors use our website.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that tracks and analyzes website traffic for informed marketing decisions.
Service URL: policies.google.com (opens in a new window)